The Diary of Elvis' bass player

This is the story of my life in an Elvis Tribute Show

Name:
Location: Peoria, Illinois, United States

Friday, April 14, 2006

Chapter 4, Part I Opening Night

I may be able to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow is opening night. We have practiced, together and on our own. But all in all, I think we're really going to rock out and have a blast. There's going to be around 300 people there. It will be the biggest show I've ever played.

And, at the start of the whole show, Each of the band members (Minus Al, who will be getting ready for the show) will sing a Non-Elvis song. Jason is going to do 'Soul Man', Bruce is doing 'Bad, Bad Leroy Brown', I'm doing 'Wild World', and Dad is doing 'Cara Mia'. I have played to some decent sized crowds, but I was just playing. I'm going to be singing at the start of the biggest show I've ever played. Oy!

I'm trying not to get too nervous about it. We sound pretty damn good in practice. If we can just do what we do, it will be just fine to all but the most decerning ears.

Well, I'll let y'all know how it went. Thanks fer readin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home